Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
- Please do not text or talk on your cell phone when driving in the school parking lot.
- Please do not park in any designated fire zones or handicapped spaces without a handicapped parking permit.
- Please do not block the metal barriers in the upper lot.
- Please leave the designated reserved parking spots open for those who purchased them at the auction.
- These instructions are subject to change as the year progresses.
Between 7:00 and 8:10am please drop your children off at the ESS entrance on north side of the school.
Upper Lot: Pre-K
Please park in the upper lot and walk your children to the classroom at 8:20am.
Upper Lot: K-2nd Grades
Between 8:10 and 8:30am, pull straight ahead to the Library entrance before stopping to let your children out right next to the staff member on duty. Please have your children exit from the passenger side of the car, step up onto the sidewalk, and walk safely on the sidewalk all the way to the school front entrance. Carefully continue to drive around the back of the school via the one-way loop and exit on 97th Ave NE.
Lower Lot: 3-8 Grades
Between 8:10 and 8:30 am, when dropping-off child in the lower parking lot please enter via NE 14th St.
- If there are no cars ahead of you, please pull your car forward to staff member on duty directing traffic before stopping to unload your passengers.
- If there are cars ahead of you, please pull into line behind them. Wait until you have at least reached the basketball hoop (located past the first set of stairs) before unloading your passengers.
- Please make sure your passengers exit from the driver’s side of your vehicle whenever possible to avoid children crossing lines of traffic.
- If you are planning to park your car (e.g., to attend a meeting or help your child carry heavy items), please park your car in one of the spaces to the left (West) of the drop-off line near the basketball court or church stairs in order to avoid crossing the line of traffic. You will need to wait in that space until traffic clears at 8:30 or until you are directed by the staff person on duty to enter the traffic line.
- For the safety of our students, please follow the directions of the staff member on duty at all times.
- Exit via the north end of the parking lot (near the big toy).
Upper Lot: Pre-K
Please park outside the gate at the upper lot. The Pre-K teacher or aide will walk your child outside. Exit the parking lot via the road behind the school building as in the morning.
Upper Lot: K and 1st Grades
The Upper Lot is only for Kindergarten and First Grade, carpools with kindergarten and first grade students, or exceptional needs (e.g., injured students).
- Enter via NE 14th to upper lot and park in spaces beyond fenced area.
- Exit is via the one-way loop and exit on 97th Ave. NE.
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade students will wait to be picked up outside after school.
Lower Lot: 2-8 Grades
- Enter the lot via NE 14th and park following the directions of the parking supervisor.
- If you are going to remain in your car to pick up your child and leave quickly, please park head-in in a #1 space (i.e., one of the “front” parking spaces with room for another car to park behind you).
- If you are going to get out of your car to talk with other parents, buy scrip, etc., please park in a #2 space (i.e., behind a #1 space). In this way you will not block other cars.
- For the safety of the students, DO NOT back up your vehicle into the walk zone.