Thank you for your interest in Sacred Heart School! We understand that choosing a school for your family is a very important decision, and we are delighted you are considering Sacred Heart to partner with you in the education and faith formation of your child. To begin the application process, please follow the steps below.
Admissions for 2020-2021 School Year
Applications for 2020-21 school year are now being accepted. To apply, please complete the steps in our admissions process below.
Priority Application Deadline - Friday, January 31, 2020
To receive priority consideration for admission, please complete your online application and submit required documents by January 31, 2020. Applicants after the January 31st deadline will be considered for admission based on space availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
Should applications exceed capacity, students will be admitted based on our acceptance policy for those completing their application prior to the January 31st deadline.
- 1. Schedule a Tour or Attend an Open House
- 2. Complete our Online Application & Submit Required Documents
- 3. Schedule a Classroom Visit/Assessment
The first step in your admissions process is to come and experience our school first hand! We encourage you to attend one of our Open Houses, or you can come in any time for a private tour. We offer tours any time our school is open, 12 months out of the year. To schedule a tour contact Director of Admissions, Laura Leach.
All students applying to our school must complete our online application.
As part of our application process, we also require the following:
- No additional documents are required.
- Kindergarten Recommendation Form completed by the student's preschool teacher and sent directly to Sacred Heart.
Applicants to Grade 1
- Most up-to-date Kindergarten report card
- Teacher Evaluation Form completed by the student's Kindergarten teacher and sent directly to Sacred Heart
Applicants to Grades 2-8
- Prior 2 years complete report cards
- Most up-to-date current year report card
- Teacher Evaluation Form completed by the student's current teacher and sent directly to Sacred Heart
- All standardized test results/records
- Record of IEP and/or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Schedule a kindergarten readiness assessment & playdate. Scheduling will open on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 9:00am. To schedule an assessment & playdate, please contact Office Manager Kerry Wyman at 425-451-1773 x1500.
- Readiness assessments will take place on Thursday, January 30, 2020 and Friday, January 31, 2020. Assessments are conducted with each child individually and last 15-20 minutes.
- Playdates will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 10:00am and 11:30am. Students sign up for only one playdate, each lasts one hour. Playdates are events for students only (parent drop-off).
If you are not able to attend the kindergarten assessments or playdate, please contact Admissions Director Laura Leach.
Grade 1-8 Applicants:
- Schedule a classroom visit. The visit is an opportunity to spend a day as a Sacred Heart student to experience our school first hand.
- To schedule a classroom visit please contact Laura Leach.
Documents Required Upon Acceptance
Once a student has been offered admission, we require the following documents prior to the student's first day at our school:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Parish Recommendation Form (if family transferring to SHS from other parish)
- Immunization Records issued by student's physican
We welcome students and families of all faith backgrounds. Non-Catholic students whose parents support the philosophy and mission of Sacred Heart School will be accepted on a space-available basis.
If you have any questions about our admissions process or need any assistance, please contact our Director of Admissions, Laura Leach. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Phone: 425-451-1773 ext. 1603