Why Sacred Heart School?
Sacred Heart School has been providing an excellent academic education in a welcoming environment of faith and virtue since its doors first opened in 1952 as the first K-8 Catholic School on Seattle's Eastside,
The active partnership between our families, school, and parish, has created a vibrant, warm, and close-knit community where are all welcome and students become servant leaders who are well prepared to embrace the life that God calls them to live.
Some of the reasons families choose our school in addition to our excellent academics and vibrant community:
- Faith and service interwoven through the curriculum
- All-school, Student-led Masses
- Service opportunities for all students
- Art, music, drama, physical education, and social emotional learning classes to support the growth of the whole child
- Instructional aides full-time in Pre-K through 5th Grade
- Educational technology enhances and supports our students' learning
- Full-time Educational Technology Specialist
- All classrooms are equipped with digital, interactive display boards
- Bring Your Own Device Program in grades 5-8 & Microsoft Surface carts for grades 1-4
- Technology curriculum in grades Pre-K-8th including coding, robotics, online safety, and keyboarding
- School Psychologist on staff to meet the needs of our students' social and emotional health
- Additional support for a wide variety of student needs including
- Spanish in Pre-K through 8th grade
- Hot lunch program with a variety of wholesome, fresh options made on-site daily and served in our bright, open cafeteria
- Before and after school care starts at 7:00am and ends at 6:00pm daily
We are excited to meet you and tell you more about our school, our exceptional programs, and what makes Sacred Heart such a special place!